IDS mailing list archives

FW: can someone give me a link for protocol list that is supported by ISS IDS?

From: "russell oldham" <russell.oldham () sphinx co uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:17:08 +0100

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: russell oldham
Sent: 04 August 2004 14:16
To: tcp fin
Subject: RE: can someone give me a link for protocol list that is
supported by ISS IDS?

Inet,

Some of the protocols included in the PAM (Protocol Analysis Module) are
listed in the following table. ISS updates the PAM with additional
protocols to keep pace with the evolving threat spectrum. This is not a
complete list. ISS is constantly including additional protocols in the
PAM.

Some of the Protocols Recognized by Network Sensor:

amd             IMAP4   POP3            SNMP
ARP             IRC             portmapper      SNTP
AOLIM   lockd   PPTP            SOCKS
automount       MIME            Radius  ssh
BOOTP   MMS             RealAudio       statd
bootparam       mount   rexec   sunadmin
cmsd            MSRPC   rlogin  Telnet
DHCP            MSSQL   Rsh             TFTP
Finger  NetBIOS         rstat   tooltalk
FTP             NetMeeting      RTSP            VNC
Gopher  nfs             rusers  Webdav
H.323   nis             sadmin  ypbind
HTTP            NNTP            selnsvc         ypserv
ICMP            PcAnywhere      sgifam  ypupdate
ICQ             pcnfs   SMB
Identd  PNA             SMTP

Note:
MMS - Microsoft Media Service
PNA - old Real Audio
RTSP - new Real Audio

Or go to https://iss.custhelp.com/ and search for articles on PAM -
there is a useful word document to accompany this, from which the above
information was obtained.

Rgds,

Russell