IDS mailing list archives

FW: Host Based IDS Recommendations?

From: "Zach Forsyth" <Zach.Forsyth () kiandra com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:43:21 +1000

Alvin,

Try here for an overview of what is on the market:
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/HIDS.htm

Keep an eye on this page: http://www.nss.co.uk/ForthcomingEvents/ips.htm
They are planning an IPS report for december this year.
Have a look at their other reports as they are very nicely done.

I have played around a lot with IPS/HIDS and would recommend
Okena/Cisco.
Seems to do a great job at a relatively nice price.

Haven't had time to look into open source so can't help with that
aspect.

Cheers