IDS mailing list archives

Distributed IDS

From: "Gaurav" <gaurav_jindal () da-iict org>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 19:42:14 +0530

Hi ,

I would like to have suggestions about the Implementations of an
Distributed Intrusion Detection System:

1. What Architectures can be deployed for distributed architecture?
2. From Research Point of view what limitations does current IDS have
and what new could be done.
3. How to write scalable Module driven projects?
4. Any source code available to develop mobile agents in c/c++?
5. What other pacakages available in C/C++ could be used for
Implementation of Distributed IDS?

If you could give me suggestions on any of the above points, it would be
great.

Regards,
Gaurav

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes
off the goal." - Hannah More

Captus Networks IPS 4000
Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping Technology to:
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
 - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security & Performance Policies
FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit - WhitePapers - Live Demo
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CaptusNetworks_focus-ids_000101