IDS mailing list archives

Packit 0.7 Released!

From: "Darren Bounds" <dbounds () intrusense com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 07:37:46 -0400

Hi all,

Once again I'd just like to let you know that I've released Packit 0.7
to http://packit.sourceforge.net. It should also be available shortly on
http://www.packetfactory.net.

Check out http://packit.sourceforge.net/ChangeLog for a full list of
changes.

Packit is a network auditing tool. Its value is derived from its ability
to customize, inject, monitor, and manipulate IP traffic. By allowing
you to define (spoof) nearly all TCP, UDP, ICMP, IP, ARP, RARP, and
Ethernet header options, Packit can be useful in testing firewalls,
intrusion detection/prevention systems, port scanning, simulating
network traffic, and general TCP/IP auditing. Packit is also an
excellent tool for learning TCP/IP.

Packit requires libnet 1.1 or greater as well as libpcap. It has been
successfully compiled and tested to run on FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
MacOS X and Linux.

Thanks,

Darren Bounds

Captus Networks IPS 4000
Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping Technology to:
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
 - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security & Performance Policies
FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit - WhitePapers - Live Demo
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CaptusNetworks_focus-ids_000101