IDS mailing list archives

RE: port bonding and taps

From: PPowenski () oag com
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:00:50 +0100

I am using channel bonding with RH 9 and it works great

you must define your bond device in /etc/modules.conf
i.e.
alias bond0 bonding
options bond0 miimon=100 downdelay=0

the man file has the options details with more but they were required to
operate properly.

also
ifconfig bond0 up promisc
ifconfig eth1 up promisc
ifenslave bond0 eth1
ifconfig eth2 up promisc
ifenslave bond0 eth2

I put this in a S98ehtbond under /etc/rc3.d and /etc/rc5.d in case x or no x
window at startup

hope this helps.

Red Hat 8(pretty sure) and sure of 9 has channel bonding already setup.