IDS mailing list archives

Re: Categories of IDS

From: Jeffrey.Stebelton () bisys com
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:24:24 -0500

Looks good. Hope the TAPS page has info on channel bonding. Good site,
thanks for taking the time to put all this together.

Jeff Stebelton
Manager, Network Security
BISYS Network Security Group
614-470-8249 direct
614-203-2563 cell

|         |           "Andy Cuff       |
|         |           [Talisker]"      |
|         |           <lists@securitywi|
|         |           zardry.com>      |
|         |           12/03/2003 03:43 |
|         |           "Andy Cuff       |
|         |           [Talisker]"      |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                               |
  |       To:       <focus-ids () securityfocus com>                                                                 |
  |       cc:                                                                                                     |
  |       Subject:  Categories of IDS                                                                             |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,
I really need to update the categories of IDS on my website.  They have
developed substantially over the last few years and therefore I was looking
to drop the following pages:

DROP
Network Node IDS - Non Promiscuous network IDS.
http://www.securitywizardry.com/nnids.htm
Hybrid IDS - Host and Network Node IDS Combined.
http://www.securitywizardry.com/hybrid.htm

INTRODUCE
Introducing Wireless IDS
http://www.securitywizardry.com/Wids.htm removing them from
http://www.securitywizardry.com/wireless.htm

Long overdue Host IPS - Has anyone got a list that I can use for starters
??

RESULTING IN
Host IPS
Network IPS
Host IDS
Network IDS
File Integrity Checkers
Honeypots
Network Taps
Security Consoles
IDS Training

Am I missing anything ?
-andy

Talisker Security Tools Directory
http://www.securitywizardry.com

individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this
email in error please notify the system manager at mailadmin () bisys com and
delete the email immediately.