IDS mailing list archives

Information about IntruShield and Attack Verification

From: Maria Papadaki <mpapad_2000 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:07:42 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am a research student, looking into the area of
automated intrusion response.

I recently came across a very interesting
characteristic of IntruShield, the Attack Verification
feature, which determines whether an attack has been
successful, failed, blocked or suspicious.

I have looked at the documentation from Mcafee's web
site, regarding IntruShield, however, I can't find
anything more about it...for example, how it does
that, or how successful it is!!

So, I was wondering if anyone who uses IntruShield, or

knows anything more about it could give me some
feedback.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Best Regards
Maria Papadaki