IDS mailing list archives

[Security Training] Vendor Neutral IDS Training

From: "Andy Cuff [Talisker]" <talisker () networkintrusion co uk>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 20:25:59 +0100

Hi
I've just about finished compiling details of all the VENDOR NEUTRAL
training courses on IDS, as I've been in the fortunate position of attending
a few I've included reviews.  http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/Cids.htm

Most surprising was the ISS course, yes that's right ISS !! It was truly
vendor neutral, covering very little RealSecure and loads of Snort.  It has
been many years since I did the LTI IDS course, but my analysts still rave
about it's diversity letting them play with a variety of major IDS
solutions.  The Sans course whilst not quite so structured gave more real
life experience, though it doesn't come cheap.  To summarise all the 3
vendor neutral courses I have attended complemented each other very well and
they all have a place in building IDS knowledge and experience.

There are also salient details on the following courses:

Advanced Intrusion Detection in the Enterprise - ReDvolutiontm Technologies,
LLC.

IDS I - Network Intrusion Detection  - Security University, Inc

IDS II - The Total IDS Hacking Experience - Security University, Inc

Intrusion Detection (IDS) - ROMAN - Consulting & Engineering AG

Solaris[tm] Operating Environment Network Intrusion Detection - Sun
Microsystems

If you know of more please let me know and I'll include them

take care
-andy

Taliskers Network Security Tools
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk

Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
 - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications
Precisely Define and Implement Network Security and Performance Policies
**FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit - WhitePapers - Live Demo
Visit us at: http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/31.htm