Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: DISA eliminating firewalls

From: Tim Harris <tim () fbnservices us>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 18:03:23 -0700

I don’t disagree with your comment about the crunchy outside/gooey middle but If firewalls are to go away, what will
happen to the function they perform?  Are we going to discard the entire function of coarse filtering?  It has been
amply demonstrated that the individual device is not currently capable of adequately defending itself.

Going back to my other comment about many points of administration, is there a software package or system that can/will
reduce it down to a manageable problem?  Is there a “meta-admin” system out there or under development?