Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: PIX 515 7.1 vs: 8.0

From: John Morrison <john.morrison101 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 11:48:16 +0000

Brian,

The PIX guide (
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/pix/pix70/hw/installation/guide/515.html)
says both the 4FE and 4FE-66 can be used with the unrestricted feature
license. A maximum of 6 ports can be used (2 built-in plus the 4FE). On the
4FE the ports are numbered 2, 3, 4, 5 from left to right. The info for the
4FE (
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_data_sheet09186a0080189f0a.html)
says it is fine in the 515/515E.

The VAC and VAC+ also can be used.

128MB RAM is enough for the features. Only the VAC appears to require at
least v6.3

It sounds right.