Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: PIX 515 7.1 vs: 8.0

From: "Christopher J. Wargaski" <wargo1 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 14:41:52 -0500

Brian--

   One of the things that the unrestricted license for a 515E does is allow
more than 3 network interfaces. When you run the "sh ver" do you indeed see
the UR license listed? Also, when you run "sh int" with the 4FE card
installed, do you see all the interfaces? I do not think that the license
needs to be upgraded or reapplied when upgrading to a new major PIX-OS
release. However, I do not think that I have tried it. Here is a thought,
save your config, wipe NVRAM and load 6.3(5) on to see if all 6 interfaces
work.

   If you are unable to make the 4FE card work, you can always put the 1FE
card i, trunk to a managed switch and use VLAN interfaces.

   Now that DHCP and routing have been addressed, is inbound and outbound
traffic flowing on the inside and outside interfaces?

cjw