Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Is it possible to control access between clients on same LAN with a firewall?

From: Will Brickles <wbricks () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 07:09:46 -0800 (PST)

Using DD-WRT, what comes to mind immediately is to put your devices into separate VLANs and then use iptables to
restrict traffic between the VLANs.  I don't know how flexible DD-WRT is when it comes to VLANs, but it might be your
best bet on such a platform.  A configuration guide for VLANs I came across is at
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1160 - it sounds as if you are already familiar with iptables.

Using other (much more expensive) platforms, you have other options - for example using private VLANs, protected ports,
"transparent" firewalls, etc.

 Will Brickles