Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: VPN and XP Firewall GPO settings

From: "Chris Hughes" <chughes () l8c com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 06:54:13 -0400

I'm with Victor disable split tunneling.  I used to have connectivity issues
using Juniper network connect vpn with no split-tunneling.  Very poor
implementation.  Certain drivers used by the clients was causing repeated
connection resets and disaster seemed imminent during rollout.  Juniper was
not forthcoming on this issue.  Only after compiling a list of all the
drivers/apps that cause this was I able to settle down the problem.  If you
are interested I can share my list of apps/processes.

We don't use xp firewalling.  Instead we use the ISS IDS client on all
machines.  Nice product, lots of control/forensics.