Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Interface Errors on a Cisco ASA 5520

From: "Christopher J. Wargaski" <wargo1 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:21:26 -0600

David--
   Can you post a snipped of the interface statistics?

   Also, look at the interface statistics for the upstream and downstream
switch or router.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:15 AM, David Blahut <dablahut () vassar edu> wrote:

All-

I just put into production a pair of Cisco ASA 5520s with a Cisco 2970
switch between the two.  I am seeing no buffer, input errors, and overrun
errors on the active outside and inside interfaces (output is error free).
 I have all interfaces on the ASAs and the switch hard coded to 1000Mbps and
full duplex, TAC wasn't much help and Google doesn't have much to offer on
the subject.  Given that speed and duplex mismatch usually manifest itself
as CRC and or collisions this seems more like an input buffer size issue,
but I am not sure.

By the way, the load is about 40Mbps right now and the error counters seem
to increase in burst (no increase since I first checked it at about 9 this
morning).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
David