Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Auditing a firewall rulebase

From: "arvind doraiswamy" <arvind.doraiswamy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:34:27 +0530

Hey Guys,
Thanks for all your inputs. I got a few valuable points that I managed
to integrate together in a Perl script which will assist in auditing a
firewall rulebase. It can be useful both for a third party auditor as
well as a firewall admin who has his hands very full.

The POC is available at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fwauto

Right now it supports just Cisco PIX - but the framework is there for
other firewalls as well. Do go through the ReadMe which is part of the
file and provide me with feedback on where I have messed up - if
anwyhere.

Thanks again
Arvind