Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

LayerOne 2009 - Call For Papers

From: "LayerOne Call For Papers" <layeronecfp () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:50:56 -0800

*LayerOne 2009 Security Conference
Call for Papers
*
May 23 & 24, 2009
Anaheim, California (Anaheim Marriott)
http://layerone.info/

The sixth annual LayerOne security conference is now accepting submissions
for topic and speaker selection. As always, we are interested seeing a broad
range of pertinent topics, and encourage all submissions. Some of our past
presentations have included:

- Virtualization
- Forensics / Anti-Forensics Techniques
- Hardware Hacking (GSM, Proximity Cards, Access Control Systems)
- Law / Legal Issues
- Malware
- VoIP
- Cryptographic Cracking Using FPGA Technology

We would love to see the same breadth and depth of submissions as we have in
previous years, so if you have an idea you're on the fence about - please
send it in! For a complete list of past presentations, click
here<http://layerone.info/?page_id=3>
.

Please be sure to include the following information in your submission:

- Presentation name
- A one-sentence synopsis of your topic
- A longer one to three paragraph synopsis or short outline of what you plan
on covering
- Names, email addresses and URLs of the presenter(s)
- A short (single-paragraph) biography of the presenter(s)

Once everything is ready to go, please email your submission to cfp [at]
layerone [dot] info no later than April 1, 2009. You will receive notice no
later than April 15, 2008 to let you know if your talk has been accepted.

As we have a single presentation track, please bear in mind that speaking
slots are limited to one hour. While presenters typically divide the hour
into separate presentation and Q&A sessions, you may structure your time
however you see fit. If you think your presentation will run longer, or have
any special requirements, please include this information in your submission
and we will do our best to accommodate you.

Note: If the presentation is based upon code or a particular technique, the
presenter must be one of the developers of the code or technique and be
prepared to perform a demonstration.

We look forward to reviewing your submissions, and anticipate another great
line-up for this year's conference. Once again, if you have any questions
about your submission, please email cfp [at] layerone [dot] info. Thank you
for your interest, and we look forward to seeing you there!

Sincerely,
-The LayerOne Team