Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Managing multiple Cisco Pix's

From: dlang () diginsite com
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 16:09:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Paul Melson wrote:

In effect we are going to end up with two separate devices, but that we
will want to have matching rulesets
on. My question, therefore, is - what software is available for managing
multiple Pix units, and (if you've
any experience of it) is it any good?

Just to be clear, you are going to have 2 firewalls.  One through which all
traffic will pass, and another through which no traffic will pass.  Until
the former breaks, in which case all traffic will manually be switched over
to the latter.  Correct so far?

If you're comfortable with the command interface and manually editing
configs (as opposed to using PDM from a web browser), then I would recommend
Kiwi CatTools* for managing configurations.

PaulM

* http://www.kiwisyslog.com/kiwi-cattools-overview/

this looks interesting, is there something similar that doesn't require a
windows PC?

David Lang