Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Managing multiple Cisco Pix's

From: James Burns <james.burns () sunderland ac uk>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 14:38:59 +0100

We're about to move from a pair of Cisco Pix 535's operating in an active/standby configuration, to having two separate units with unrestricted licences operating in an Active/Active configuration.

HOWEVER, we are not currently using multiple security contexts, so we cannot enable failover between the two devices. In effect we are going to end up with two separate devices, but that we will want to have matching rulesets on. My question, therefore, is - what software is available for managing multiple Pix units, and (if you've any experience of it) is it any good?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
James Burns