Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: VPN Issue with Certs and fragmentation

From: "Robby Cauwerts" <robby () cauwerts be>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:05:44 +0200

On 9/11/07, Bell Simon (RBNA/CIT1.12) <Simon.Bell () us bosch com> wrote:

We occasionally have customers call in reporting that they're never
prompted for credentials when attempting to connect to the VPN. This
happens most often when they're at a hotel/public hotspot. However, if
they use a profile based on a preshared key instead of a cert
authentication, they connection works w/o issue. I've captured traffic
off a failed user and it looks like during a cert auth IPSec tunnel
there's a fair amount of packet fragmentation.

The fragmentation can be solved by using IKE over tcp.
What type of vpn (vendor) are you using?

Br.
Robby