Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: PIX 515E config - DMZ host to inside host

From: "Chris Mitchell" <sw () dorksville net>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 16:12:27 +1100 (EST)

This one (and a bit of testing with ACL's) seemed to do the trick ....
thanks to everyone that replied. I still don't really see the logic behind
it (I tried exactly the same statement, but with the genuine subnets of
the dmz & internal instead of both being the internal subnet), but as long
as it's working I don't mind :)

I know that the config is a bit of a mess, I inherited it from a past
employee ... I'll get around to fixing it one day. I have a vague plan to
upgrade to 7.0 and rewrite the config from scratch - but of course,
difficult to do on a production system.

Once again, thanks.

Regards,

Chris Mitchell

 I would simply conifgure the internal subnet to map to the DMZ with no
address translation.  So, using "static (internal,dmz) 10.133.24.0
10.133.24.0 netmask 255.255.255.0" would allow the computer at
10.134.1.2 to simply access 10.133.24.3 directly.

--
John