Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Rule authentication in PIX

From: Alejandro Ezequiel Fernández Preda <quequiel () ciudad com ar>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 12:34:34 -0300

Hi everyone,

I was asked to implement an authentication rule for RDP on a Cisco PIX. Custommers should https / ssh / telnet to the
firewall first for authentication and then connect to the RDP server behind it with the standard RDP Client.
I've searched through Cisco and it seems Cut-Through Authentication proxy could do it but I'm not sure if it only
applies for the known protocols or for any protocol. Has anyone implemented this type of authentication? any
tips/examples/links would be very helpfull.

Regards,

Alejandro Fernández