Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 support in firewalls

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <paul () compuwar net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:29:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, ArkanoiD wrote:

Yes. Most people need Google Documents and Ajax. Actually using Google Documents
is safer than installing local "Office" pack.

That depends heavily on your trust model, document propagation risk and
how valuable the documents themselves are.  I'd like to see your strategy
for document protection and recovery from Google Docs for a just-laid-off
employee.  I'd like to see you stop them from "sharing" a copy of the
document with themselves at home...  While it's not easy to do, you *can*
build an environment where a local office package keeps the documents in a
reasonably controlled environment where employees can't e-mail them
directly, dump them to removable media, etc.

Put the documents on a Web site accessible from anywhere on the planet
with reusable credentials and you pretty-much kill the idea of document
control at all, let alone keeping the honest people honest or a credential
exposure from providing the whole farm instead of just a pig.

Paul