Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 support in firewalls

From: Darren.Reed () Sun COM
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:16:20 -0700

ArkanoiD wrote:

Well, i do see quite often. The rules are simple:
1) use windows update
2) don't run attachments (well, windows users habit of running
attachments is just ridiculous - WHY they do?)
3) don't watch pr0n (even if you do 1 and 2 you still can get 0wned via
0-day exploit - but very unlikely if you do not watch pr0n ;-)

disabling java, active-x and javascript goes a long way to defeating
most things that attack windows boxen.

downside is you might as well be using lynx to browse the web!