Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: dual ISP connections

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:42:11 -0500

On 6/27/06, Mathew Want <mathew.want () ac3 com au> wrote:

Brian,

If you are just hosting the odd service for yourself, I believe that the
solution that James mentioned will probably do quite well and with far less
hassle than ASN's and /24's. If you need to run a large hosting environment,
then it may be the path of pain.....

We're already doing it (in a large hosting environment - and LOTS of
VPNs) and we're using BGP. It just sucks. :) Ideas on how to improve
this implementation - things to look at, etc., would be helpful.