Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Recommendations on modeler/change manger for PIX & FWSM

From: "Paul Melson" <pmelson () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:53:34 -0500

-----Original Message-----
Subject: [fw-wiz] Recommendations on modeler/change manger for PIX & FWSM

We have several PIX & FWSM (PIX Blades) our team is managing. We've been
using PDM (Cisco's > Java tool for managing PIX) for distributed
administration, but we've been getting tired of
its shortcomings in documenting our rules. Also, we'd like to find
something that handles
change management (reporting, maybe rollback or state snapshots) and
modeling (if traffic
from 'here' starts to go 'there' what does the firewall do).

If you're comfortable editing PIX configs in their text format, I would
recommend looking at Kiwi CatTools
(http://www.kiwisyslog.com/cattools2.htm).

PaulM