Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

IPTables is not forwarding traffic for PPTP or VNC

From: Alex L <alex.tuxx () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:43:49 +0000

Hi all !

I'm new on this list...

I've got a problem with IPTables ( Fedora Core 2 ) rules which are
just not working at all ..

I've added PREROUTING rules to forward incoming traffic to a Server.
SMTP forwarding is working, but not PPTP + GRE or VNC !

I thought, it might be a limitation in the FORWARD so I set the
default POLICY to ALLOW instead of DROP and removed all rules which
would apply to PPTP or GRE to make sure they don't interfere.

But still - it just didn't work ..

Does anybody know if I need an update of IPTables ? I actually
installed the latest stable version and compilation went fine.

Thanks a lot!
Alex

--
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!