Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: testing xp sp2 firewall

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () center osis gov>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:07:26 -0500

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 11:01:02AM +0000, pavan shah wrote:
hello all!!

I have installed xp sp2 on my home machine.I want to make sure that my
firewall protects me from all kind of attacks.

Is there any tool using which i can check this?

If you could tell us what kind of external firewall you have installed
at home, then perhaps we could answer this.

If your question is about the so-called "personal firewall" software on
your MSW XP SP2 system, then your answer is "no, it doesn't" - no tool
needed - and this mailing list is not about that kind of software.

--
Joe Yao