Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FW appliance comparison - Seeking input for the forum

From: ArkanoiD <ark () eltex net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:29:14 +0300

Just because (no offence implied) Cyberguard is an "intelligent choice" and
Checkpoint usually means "relying on market leader" with possible lack technical
analysis. That's why.

Not always. Just usually. Or at least sometimes.

(well, for PIXen i do not see a reason for them to exist at all, except
"our network is Cisco-based" which does look valid for me. If you need a
good packet filter, get a Netscreen)

And, after all, implicit rules are terrible so Checkpoint config is quite obscure.