Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Pix VPN endpoint and split-tunnel

From: Charlie Winckless <cpw () inetx com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:48:55 -0600

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 11:23 -0400, Hughes, Chris wrote:
That's pretty much what I read.  I thought they may have provided a fix
by now.  As for the workarounds, this is for a business partner network
and I've already presented them with the "spend" option and they don't
want to.

This whole 'no out the same interface' game is why I really dislike
using
a PIX for VPN termination. Even a cheap router is a good call. (1801).

Its much cheaper than an ASA, can hang off another interface, etc.

(Of course -- I work for a Cisco partner; I'm biased. :) )

Another reply I got here from Simon expressed the possibility that PIX
7.x supports this. (split horizon?)

PIX 7.0 supports hub and spoke VPN routing, but only hub and spoke; I
don't think you can generically turn around and send data UNENCRYPTED
out of the same interface it came in -- only encrypted.

Anybody?

- Chris