Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Backup Checkpoint Firewall

From: "Paul Melson" <psmelson () comcast net>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:40:20 -0400

I would use upgrade-export on the SmartCenter server to create backups.
This should get you everything you could ever hope to restore into a single
file.  It definitely meets the last two criteria, and it should be easy
enough to encrypt, since the actual export is a tar/gzip archive.  To
restore, you use the appropriately-named upgrade-import tool.

PaulM