Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Discretionary WiFi Access

From: vbwilliams () neb rr com
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 20:22:41 -0500

Here's what I'd do:

Get a separate cheapo internet pipe; lowest-end DSL or the like, put a
wireless router/access point on it, no filtering.

When there are guests, they sign a simple waiver that says whatever
happens to their PC while they are on this *guest* network you aren't
liable/responsible for.  Have your legal team make sure it's legit.

Problem solved.  If management wants it, they better be able to accept
responsibility for it or fund it being done the *right* way.