Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

l2tp/Ipsec and pix

From: "Jean Caron" <caronj () norac net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:47:54 -0500

Hi, Is it possible to have a l2tp/ipsec tunnel go through a pix firewall? I have a win client establishing a l2tp/ipsec tunnel to a pix. Works fine. But now I need to throw another pix in to protect the client. So I'm trying to have the tunnel go *through* this second pix. The client address needs to be NATed on the outside of this second pix. Here's part of the "debug crypto isakmp" output;
ISAKMP (0): atts not acceptable. Next payload is 0
ISAKMP (0): SA not acceptable!
ISAKMP (0): sending NOTIFY message 14 protocol 0 Again, if I remove the second pix, use it's outside address on my win client and adjust the policy's endpoints accordingly, the tunnel comes up just fine.
Jean