Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: External Load Balancing

From: "Dave Wiley" <davew () cenuco com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:20:31 -0500

Richard:

I have worked with F5's BIG/IP, Radware's WSD, Alteon's ACE director, and
Foundry's Server Iron products.  In my opinion, F5 and Radware are the best,
but it also depends on your configuration.  Are all four firewalls in the
same location, are they "air-gapped", and/or are they geographically
dispersed?  Are they all the same manufacturer? I'm assuming that you've
already ruled out some form of VRRP provided by the firewall manufacturer
and/or it doesn't apply to your situation.

Dave Wiley
www.cenuco.com