Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: i-cap proposals

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <paul () compuwar net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:08:31 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, ArkanoiD wrote:

And - if that's the way things are done - there should be the way to
deal with inevitable (in less restricted environment) attack vectors
to minimize risks. Say, applying in-transit inspecting proxy ;-)

Indeed.

(although, having a couple of workstations like "on-site internet cafe"
is better idea)

Sometimes, or remote display from a workstation in the DMZ where you're
only left with the social attacks (hostile workplace, social engineering,
etc.)  Though I've been places where the shared PC ended up with DNA
evidence on it from after-hours Web site porn surfing.  The resultant
investigation included a hidden camera, catching the perp. in action so to
speak.

I'm not sure why I ever touch anyone's keyboard without a full bio suit
these days, but I'm sure that my carrying a laptop and using it has been
influenced by my experiences.

Paul