Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Application-level Attacks

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () center osis gov>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:35:06 -0500

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 04:30:29AM -0500, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:
By the way, you DON'T want to see what a meat layer buffer overrun
looks like....

I see it every time I lecture without giving a break after some amount
of time (depending on the audience).  It varies on the specific module
within which the buffer overrun occurs.  It may exhibit as glazed eyes,
or closed eyes and drool from mouth, or as rapid mouth motion between
two units with concommitent loss of communication from the primary unit
[me], or as rapidly shaking knees, or ...

;->

--
Joe Yao