Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Pass-through VPN

From: "Melson, Paul" <PMelson () sequoianet com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:43:55 -0400

-----Original Message-----
This is a site to site VPN with one termination box inside
out firewall and the other on the outside of the firewall
(where the traffic comes from). Both of these boxes are out
of our hands and we just have to ensure when the firewall
goes in the traffic still keeps going through.  The VPN does
not terminate on the PIX at all, just need the traffic to go
untouched through it.

I was planning on:

access-list 131 permit udp x.x.x.x host X.X.X.X eq isakmp
access-list 131 permit esp x.x.x.x host X.X.X.X
access-list 131 permit ahp x.x.x.x host X.X.X.X

Just hoping this is correct.  Thanks again

Yes, assuming that x.x.x.x always initiates the connection, that will
allow the correct traffic to pass.  The other thing, and I'm guessing
this is done or you plan on doing it, is that X.X.X.X must be a static
NAT so that the ISAKMP source ports aren't obscured.

PaulM