Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

SMTP forwarding question

From: Attila Nagy <bra () fsn hu>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:57:07 +0200

Hello,

I have a problem in my mind and I am curious on what do you think about the possible solutions.

The problem: there is a network from which all outgoing SMTP connections should be handled by the company's mail gateway (virus and spam checking, etc) BUT the roaming users must be able to use their companies' SMTP server, possibly via SMTP AUTH (with or without starttls) and/or POP before SMTP (or any other solutions which work over tcp/25).

If I forget about POP before SMTP, do you see any open source (or even commercial) solution which could transparently let authenticated SMTP sessions through, while redirecting the remaining ones to a local mail server?

Thanks,

--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy () fsn hu
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)           phone @work: +361 371 3536