Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: DMZ Ideas

From: Carric Dooley <carric () com2usa com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:16:29 -0400 (EDT)

I am assuming this puts the tags into some sort of database.. if so, I
would have the 802.11 (the Symbol frequency hopping stuff, btw, is
invisible to tools like Kismet) access points in a front-end DMZ with it's
required data access components in a back-end DMZ. This segments the
untrusted wireless network from your internal network, and provides access
control TO the server/s required. Pull the data back into the network to
sync with another database if required. Keep the rule of "don't allow
untrusted nets to initiate connection to trusted" in mind, and u b aight.
=)