Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 and firewall policies?

From: Darren Reed <darrenr () reed wattle id au>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:09:37 +1000 (EST)

In some email I received from Paul D. Robertson, sie wrote:
Is anyone doing anything with IPv6 other than either "let it back if I
talk it out," "block it completely," or "ignore it and hope it goes away?"

I'm rather dismayed at firewalling and IPv6, even just within packet
filters, because there seems to be little understandng (as yet) of
what IPv6 does and can do, along with the security implications of
that.  What extension headers need to be blocked ?  What ones are
safe to allow ?  What are the risks with each of these ?

Are you asking because it is within scope, asking whether or not
it should be included in the scope or something else ?

Darren