Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Checkpoint NAT H.323 support

From: "Luis Maria Sainz Caballero" <luismax () spcinternet net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:49:56 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I have already followed a lot of docs from CP but none of them is
sufficiently clear or is just my case. My rule is the following

  Gateway_VoIP_domain  -- Gatekeeper_VoIP_domain -- H323_RAS -- Accept

being the gateway (Cisco ATA) inside my trusted network and the gatekeeper
on the Internet. I have defined the "related endpoints domain" of the
gateway as the same net where the gateway is in; I don´t know if it is
correct because these endpoints are analogous phones without IP ¿?. And I
have defined the "related endpoints domain" of the gatekeeper as the
Internet because I haven´t data about them (the gatekeeper is property of
a VoIP ISP).

Anyway, it supposes that the "H323_RAS" is a special service whitch the CP
have to treat especialy, that is, CP have to inspect the data payload
looking for the IPs to be correctly traslated, but it doesn´t. I use fw
monitor with the "-p all" parameter in order to check it, and effectively
the IP heather is correctly traslated but not the IP inside the payload.

Any help is very very appreciated,

  LuismaX

Hi

As of R55 HFA 08 or so, FW-1 has supported H.323 v2 and v4 quite nicely.
NATted gatekeepers should be translated just fine in the H.225 stream.

Please check your configuration over. What kind of H.323 gear is this?

-Warren Verbanec
Resilience Corporation