Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Checkpoint NAT H.323 support

From: Rob Hughes <rob () robhughes com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:39:19 -0600

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 16:46 +0100, Luis Maria Sainz Caballero wrote:
Hi people,

I am new to the list and I hope you help me. I have a problem with
FW-1/VPN-1 NG with AI (R55) and the H.323 support. I am trying to register
(H.323 RAS) a VoIP gateway inside my trusted network with a gatekeer on
the Internet. I have already configured the VoIP domains (one for the
gateway and another for the gatekeeper) in the FW, applied the last hotfix
acumulator (HFA_11) and configured static NAT for the internal gateway to
a public IP.
The gatekeeper cannot respond because the IP inside the h225 payload isn't
traslated, and I have confirmed it using the monitor inside de Firewall
(fw monitor).
Anybody know if Checkpoint really suports H.323 NAT? or can be a problem
of mixconfiguration?

What does your rule look like? Specifically, what service are you using?
Also, the CP docs have examples of how to set this up. Have you tried
following those? But yes, it does (mostly) work.