Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Static NAT not answering

From: "Ben Nagy" <ben () iagu net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 15:17:28 +0200

Thanks for taking the time to do logical troubleshooting!

If all your data points are accurate then the problem is with the firewall -
that part's easy.

What's the firewall?

Oh, and could you clarify 2.

2. The static-nat works when we used other routable IP in the
NAT rule for those public access servers and also the
outgoing connection is working too.

Are these "other routable IP"s in the same subnet as the ones causing the
trouble?

As a broad-brush thing, I would think about restoring the firewall to
factory defaults and reconfiguring it from scratch. It's a sledgehammer
approach but it has worked for me more than once when under time pressure.

'luck,

ben