Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Linux Firewalls

From: Mark <firewalladmin () bellsouth net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:19:05 -0400

I have replied to many of you in private emails, but wanted to publicly
thank everyone for there input, advice and links. This is by far one of
the most helpful forums I have seen. THANKS! [:o)

Mark

Hello:

I was wondering if anyone has used the Firewall Builder for Linux
IPTables? I am looking through the documentation right now and it looks
pretty slick. I am experienced with ISA 2000, several Symantec
firewalls/appliances, Cisco routers and some other proprietary stuff,
but have never tackled Linux in any major way. The IPTables looks like a
steep learning curve for a guy with minimal Unix/Linux knowledge so this
looked like a good product. Anyone of you use it? I appreciate any
comments. Thanks!

Mark