Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Linux Firewalls

From: Darren Reed <darrenr () reed wattle id au>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 03:53:52 +1000 (EST)

In some email I received from franco segna, sie wrote:
Hi Mark,
fwbuilder is an excellent toolset, but if you are only interested in
iptables on Linux you could as well give a try to shorewall
[shorewall.sourceforge.net] by Tom Eastep. Shorewall is IMHO a wonderful
tool with a full throttle mailing list.

And in private email, I conveyed that IPFilter is slowly making progress
on linux...it would be faster except that SUSE and RedHat are about as
similar as Solaris & HPUX...where's that brick wall for me to beat my
head against a few more times...personally, I find it working fine on
RedHat 9.0 (I won't touch FC-2 and haven't yet d/l'd FC-1.)

How's that saying go?

Those that don't learn from past mistakes are doomed to repeat them?

Darren