Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Multiple separate Ethernet switches in a single chassis?

From: Brent Chapman <Brent () GreatCircle COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 18:25:30 -0700

A few months ago, I recall seeing a product announcement or review for what I thought at the time was a pretty odd duck: a set of four separate 4-port Ethernet switches, all in a single 1U rackmount chassis. These were 4 separate switches, with no interconnection between them, perfect for situations (like firewall building) where you want a bunch of separate small switches, instead of VLANing a larger switch.

Now, of course, I can't remember who the manufacturer was, and haven't had any luck with Google.

Does anybody know of such a product (or multiple such products)? Or am I just totally imagining things?

Thanks!

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman <Brent () GreatCircle COM>
Great Circle Associates, Inc. -- Silicon Valley's IT Infrastructure Experts