Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Port 37628....Is it just another port or out of the extra ordinary???

From: InHisGrip <servie_platon () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:58:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bruce,

Thank you so much on your suggestions.

Incidentally, I am also contemplating on compiling and
building my own kernel this way, I could select which
options and services that I would need? What do you
think?

All of you guys are just awesome! You have given me
lots of ideas and I have learned a lot. Thanks again
everyone in this group!

InHisGrip,
Servie

--- Bruce Smith <bruce_the_loon () worldonline co za>
wrote:
Hi Servie

There's a tool called lsof on most linux systems, if
it's not installed by
default it'll be on the CD's,
that can show which processes have the port open. I
think the exact syntax
is lsof -i

That should be able to tell you what has opened the
port and from there you
should be able to
see if it's a trojan or not. Feel free to send me
the output of this if you
need a hand.

Regards

Bruce Smith