Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Blocking IRC ....

From: Paul Robertson <proberts () patriot net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 23:17:01 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, [iso-8859-1] Vishwanath V wrote:

Hi guys,
         I just joined the list.
I need some help wrt iptables.
I have a linux gateway machine acting as a
IP_masq/firewall.
My policy is a basic deny all.
I wana block  machnies on my LAN from using irc
client.

IRC can run on many ports, but the default is TCP/6667-7002 for normal
IRC, you'll have to look around to find the default ports for the SSL
version.

Paul