Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Allowing relay through Watchguard Firebox 1000

From: "Karl D. Mueller" <karlm () acshelp com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:47:06 -0500

Whoops.

553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large

This is the error that Watchguard firewall throws out when the SMTP proxy denies an address configured on the inbound
SMTP proxy (probably among other reasons).

Connected to x.x.x.x.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 SMTP service ready
helo mail
250 Requested mail action okay, completed
mail from:<bob () msn com <mailto:bob () msn com> >
553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large

This was a config issue with the firebox in front of the server I was forwarding TO, rather than my firebox, clearly I
should have checked it before suggesting throwing out the functionality of the proxy. Sigh. Sorry guys I'll make sure I
have more than 3 hours sleep before I post again :-|

Thanks for everyone's comments.

-Karl

I'm wearing too many hats.