Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

FW: Broken pipe on SSL connections

From: "Ludolph, Michel" <Michel.Ludolph () atosorigin com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:39:05 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. Meanwhile we have investigated and found a machine further down the line being reponsible for
this. So NAT-time-outs had nothing to do with it. The responsible machine functions as a proxy and is unable to cope
with the number of receiving TCP/IP-connections. Hosts up the line send TCP-syn requests, but do not get a reply. After
a few efforts the hosts give up which results in a broken pipe being reported to the client.

Thanks again for your help. Regards,

Michel Ludolph