Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Defense in Depth to the Desktop

From: Rogan Dawes <discard () dawes za net>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:24:19 +0100

Chris Pugrud wrote:
Defense in Depth to the Desktop
the Strong Internal Network Defense model

[ snip excellent analysis ]

Questions? (aka, what have I missed?)

I've been trying to come up with some way of firewalling individual clients (i.e. at a switch level), by defining a policy of who is allowed to connect to what, at a very granular level. Your analysis kind of short-cuts that whole approach, by taking a much less granular approach to things. I think it could be very effective. I particularly like the way of segregating servers based on their need to initiate connections to clients or not.

Good stuff! I look forward to seeing more discussion on this list.

Chris

Rogan
--
Rogan Dawes

*ALL* messages to discard () dawes za net will be dropped, and added
to my blacklist. Please respond to "lists AT dawes DOT za DOT net"